Monday, February 21, 2011

Captain America....WOW

I didn't realize that Captain America: The First Avenger was actually coming out so soon. I for some reason was under the belief that it was coming out in the summer of 2012. Needless to say when I saw the trailer during the Super Bowl, I was VERY excited about it.

A couple of reasons I am really looking forward to this movie. I like who they cast for the role of Captain America, Chris Evans is a great choice in my opinion. Now you may know him as the Human Torch from the Fantastic Four movies. Those movies were actually pretty bad, but he was the most enjoyable thing about them. He's also been in a lot of other movies so chances are you have seen him in something.

So the story of Captain America, much like that of Thor, is very different from your typical Marvel movie. It will be a period piece taking place back during World War I. Since this is a period piece there are some concerns with having Chris Evans play Cap. His humor tends to be very sarcastic and modern so he will have to tone it back a bit to make the character believable. I think he is capable of doing that and will do a great job in the role.

They also got Hugo Weaving to play the Red Skull. This was also great casting because I like Hugo Weaving in almost anything that he does. He is immensely entertaining and relishes roles such as this. He will make a great villain and I look forward to checking that out too.

It's hard to say whether I am more excited for Captain America: The First Avenger or Thor. I think it was a good idea to release these two movies in the same summer because while some people may find Thor to be too unbelievable a character, Captain America is a bit more realistic. Essentially Steve Rogers is a soldier who is to small and weak to do much. They give him an experimental treatment, the super soldier serum, and he turns into a huge strong soldier. Essentially what he gets is super steroids. That's at least more believable than the God of Thunder.

Summer can't come fast enough so I can check out these two great movies. I have high hopes for this summer, I just hope that neither movie actually lets me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment